Tuesday, September 8, 2009

while I am standing "on line".. others prefer to stand "in line"

"As an artist my artistic practice is embodied in a particular process, rather than a specific medium. I am interested in systems and the disparate parts that comprise them. I find solace in repetition and most often find myself engaged in a tedious process to create multiples. These pieces become interconnected and related to one another when they are joined together to make a structure." -dani

As an artist I am interested in recording moments occurring at separate times and in different spaces. By using digital processes I am able to control the duration and sequence of these moments. Using these disparate elements of video and sound I am able to compose an aural and visual experience along a continuum that defies the conventions of what is expected when a viewer sits down to watch a movie. Constructing physical sets under the guise as a theater, I am able to use the corporeality of my body to pantomime ideas about the existence of conflicting identities in a digital world. In focusing the soundtrack amidst variations in the lullaby “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” the ‘non-narrative-narrative’ ponders the question “how I wonder what you are?”. Drawing from personal and collective nostalgia I am interested in looking at this form of musing as a means of escape.

For summer work trailer see link or post below:
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gE0JpNgWMo)


I am influenced by artsits:
pipilotti rist
olafur eliasson
frances picabia
marcel duchamp
marina ambromovic


I am influenced by intellectual thinkers:
Ayn Rand
Karl Marx
Georges Bataille
Noam Chomsky

I DONT CARE WHAT THEY SAY.... PLUTO IS STILL A PLANET!!!!!!!


Inspiration:

Howard Roark Speaks for Individualism

INTRODUCING.... UMAMI!!!!!! (or deliciousness!!!)
Uprooting doctrines:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=15819485
THERE ARE MORE THAN FOUR TASTE BUDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Currently Reading:

No comments: